J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Engagement Liaison
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
Position Goal: The goal of the Community Engagement Liaison is to serve as an advocate and liaison between families, school, and district personnel, specifically addressing the needs of students from diverse backgrounds and unique populations within the district. This individual is expected to take a leadership role in advocating for student’s academic as well as social/emotional needs through collaborative partnerships with schools, families, and community resources.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or equivalent from an accredited college or university (Required)
- Hold a current Arizona Social Work Certificate or equivalent (Required)
- Arizona State Social Worker license (preferred)
- Minimum of one (1) year of successful social work experience or one (1) year of field instruction in a school system
- Knowledge of school, district, and community resources available for children and families
- Ability to assess family and student needs and provide intervention support
- Ability to coordinate activities with related and specialist staff
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, parents and the community; excellent human relations skills; both oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with a diverse population of staff, students, and parents
- Ability to develop and maintain required records and reports; good typing and computer literacy skills (required)
- Must be bilingual-Spanish speaking.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English and Spanish.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English and Spanish.
- Must have a valid Arizona Drivers License.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates the implementation of the district’s Migrant, homeless, and foster student programs and, when appropriate, provides referrals for services. Collaborates with social workers/counselors and administrators in planning activities to increase family engagement in school activities in order to enhance student achievement.
- Supports sites and district with translation services for both verbal and written communication.
- Prepares a variety of reports, involving gathering, compiling and synthesizing information in an accurate and concise manner.
- Participates in community outreach efforts and inter-agency collaborative programs for the purpose of developing and providing resources to families and school personnel.
- Attends a variety of meetings and school/district events to communicate and/or receive information.
- Maintains the district Family Resource Center and all associated operations, including assisting students and families to gain access to formal and informal community resources.
- Maintains files and records of all Migrant, McKinney-Vento, and foster students.
- Uses knowledge and understanding of the reciprocal influences of home, school, and community to advocate for student success via such practices as assessment, crisis intervention, home visits, conflict resolution, individual and group counseling, consultation, program development, dropout prevention and coordination of school and community services
- Collaborates with sites to develop long-term and short-term intervention plans consistent with curriculum; students’ needs, strengths, diversity and life experiences; and social and emotional factors
- Facilitates parent education program/classes
- Assists school personnel on such issues as attendance, confidentiality, ethnicity and diversity, behavior management, discipline, crisis intervention, child abuse and neglect
- Collaborates with district and site personnel to develop system-wide programs to promote a safe, healthy, caring school climate that fosters academic success
- Participates in appropriate professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills
- May be required to participate in student’s meetings which occur beyond the staff’s work assignment schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Prepared: December 2019
Salary Schedule: Certified Initial Salary Placement, Grant Funded
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 198 Days
Hours: Full-time position
Reports to: Coordinator of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
FLSA Status: Exempt
Notice of Non-Discrimination
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX , Athletic Director, 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Student Services, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 no discrimina en base a la raza, el color, la religión, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad, la edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las polízas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Director Atlético 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Servicios Estudiantiles, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Friday, December 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)