J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Activity Leader, Preschool
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
The Preschool Activity Leader works under the supervision of the Preschool Program Facilitator to offer individual, small and large group activities for the 3 – 4 year old program at District elementary schools. The program offers an affordable, safe, nurturing environment with a comprehensive approach to meet the childcare needs of working families.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum age: 18
- At least 6 months experience working in an organized recreation, child care, or school program.
- Completed coursework in child development, recreation, education, or a related field is highly desirable.
- Must have positive personality and strong child management skills.
- Must possess or have applied for Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card prior to employment.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Must have had within the past 12 months or be able to obtain within three days of hire a negative tuberculosis test.
- Must have the ability to do physical tasks associated with the moving of tables, chairs, boxes, and light lifting.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computer usage, keyboarding and applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with Preschool Program Facilitator and co-workers to plan, organize, and direct a variety of recreational and educational activities for 3 – 4 year old children enrolled in the program.
- Coordinates and communicates effectively with school and District employees.
- Establishes and maintains informative and supportive relationships with parents.
- Maintains discipline, safety, and control of site.
- Develops rapport and facilitates effective communication with students.
- Maintains an environment which promotes cooperation, learning, and enjoyment.
- Assists children with special needs or disabilities and includes them with other students.
- Assists Preschool Program Facilitator with daily attendance and records, scheduling and directing activities, distributing daily snacks, and with other matters as requested.
- 9. Encourages high level of child participation in daily activities.
- Assists in maintaining the facility by keeping it clean, organized, and secure, including the reporting of problems.
- Assists with daily set-up and take-down of program furniture, equipment, and activity materials.
- Assists students with Emergency Evacuation situations, including drills.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to handle sports equipment and reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is required to move about the campus, including playground areas. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties may require employee to be exposed to outside weather conditions including cold or extreme heat, wind and rain. High humidity and/or dusty conditions may also be present. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range G
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 9 Months
Hours: Part-time, up to 5.5 Hours per Day
Reports to: Community Education Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)