Integrated Medical Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
at Integrated Medical Services
Come join one of the fastest growing multi-specialty centers in Arizona! Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is actively seeking a talented, experienced Medical Billing & Coding Specialist for our IMS Primary Care division in Phoenix, AZ. This position is full-time and will be responsible for evaluating medical records and validating that appropriate clinical diagnosis and procedure codes are assigned in accordance with nationally recognized coding guidelines. This position will also be responsible for entering all charges, payments, credits and adjustments by pay classification into the management information system on a timely basis.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews and analyzes medical information from medical records against billed procedures to ensure accurate coding of diagnostic and procedural information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. Make suggestions to correct as needed to ensure accurate billing and reimbursement processing.
- Consults with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes. Provides thorough, timely and accurate review of ICD 10 and/or CPT 4 code assignments.
- Provides quality assurance for medical records. For all assigned records and/or areas assures compliance with coding rules and regulations according to regulatory agencies for state Medicaid plans, Center for Medicare Services (CMS), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), as well as company and applicable professional standards.
- Posts a variety of health service charges to patients accounts per pay classification; posting payments received from patients in addition to preparing and maintaining productivity reports and completing and analyzing batches.
- Must demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding of ICD 10 and CPT coding principles as recommended by the American Health Information Management Association coding competencies, and as required for the assigned practice areas.
- Must be able to work effectively with common office software, coding software, and abstracting systems.
- Specialized formal training equivalent to the two year billing program in medical record keeping principles and practices, anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology, standard nomenclature, and classification of diagnoses and operations, or an Associate’s degree in a related health care field is preferred.
- Must stay up to date on coding and insurance changes/updates.
Education and Experience
Education and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Requires one or more years of experience providing coding services for a broad range of clinical specialty areas.
IMS offers a competitive compensation package including great benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k with immediate vesting, and much more!
*IMS is a tobacco free workplace.