Horizon Health and Wellness
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Horizon Health and Wellness
Horizon Health and Wellness is an Integrated Health Care Company. Horizon Health and Wellness provides a multi-direction integrated behavioral health, primary care and wellness services designed to improve individual health outcomes. This position is responsible to ensure continual monitoring of patients and perform safety rounds throughout the facility every shift. Responsible for monitoring patients at a minimum of every 15 minutes for safety and document appropriately. We are seeking a qualified individual to join a clinical team to ensure collaborative and supportive communication while ensuring the highest level of care to the patients on a continual basis.
- Complete training related to competencies and skills needed for job.
- Responsible for timely completion of the Behavioral Health Tech portion of the patient admission and discharge process.
- Reports observations on patient behavior or medical issues to the RN.
- Able to use CPI methods to assist in de-escalating acting out patient.
- Safely and appropriately apply restraints when behaviors necessitate this action.
- Complete Incident and accident reports full and accurately and give to the Unit RN.
- Participate in weekly supervision; seek supervisor/supervision when needed.
- Follow assigned group schedule that provides educational information to patients and completion documentation.
- Ensures all clinical documentation is accurate, complete and available in the medical record per contract guidelines/standards.
- Completes work by shift end.
- Review involuntary papers to ensure all required papers have accompanied the patient; forward involuntary papers to the social worker, completes progress notes on electronic health record indicating title, date and time.
- Obtains supervisor signature on appropriate documentation; seeks supervisory guidance when needed.
- Demonstrates courtesy and respect in communications with others with in the organization and in external organizations; does not engage in frequent conflicts with others.
- Responds to and returns phone calls, emails, meets deadlines, and turns in paperwork in a timely manner.
- Oversee assigned patients in completing showering, laundry and cleaning of room.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.