Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pre-Services Financial Counselor - PRN (on call) Days - NSSC/VG Piper
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours
- Varies Monday - Friday - 7:00am-4:30pm
HonorHealth Network Support Services
2500 W Utopia
Phoenix, Arizona 85027
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year in healthcare field including medical office insurance/front desk, hospital registration, hospital business office (billing or collections) Required
Ensures that an account is established for every scheduled patient. Obtains complete and accurate patient demographics, insurance plan and benefits information, and ensures treatment authorization is secured in advance of the scheduled procedure while maintaining a minimum accuracy rate on reviewed accounts as defined by departmental standards.
- Verifies patients’ insurance coverage, eligibility, and Point of Service financial obligation for all scheduled services, and documents the system in detail. Adheres to all third party payer requirements for both government and commercial payers. Determines insurance eligibility and coverage, obtains/confirms authorization to avoid non-compliance and penalties to the patient, health system and physician. Communicates current Medicare requirements, HIPAA compliance and reimbursement criteria. Collaborates with Case Management to ensure patient status is correct and documentation is provided to insurances as needed.
- Creates and/or updates hospital account. Obtains and enters into hospital information system required patient demographics and insurance information in a timely manner after procedure is scheduled. Documents all information according to departmental guidelines. Provides feedback to supervisor on changes/updates implemented by insurances as obtained.
- Contacts patients to verify demographic information and to perform financial counseling prior to time of service. Collects patient responsibility due, provides information on payment plans and financial assistance as necessary. Follows department and network policies concerning discounts, package rates and basic financial assistance.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.