Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Founded in 1997, Homesite Insurance was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Using Homesite Claims Practices as a guide, investigates and settles theft claims. Estimates the damage/value associated with any covered event and negotiates directly with policyholders and third parties to resolve claims on an expeditious basis. Close supervision of third party vendors required. This may be accomplished by telephone handling of claim, or assignment of field losses to third party adjusters to provide on-site claims handling. Responsible for handling of claims in accordance with individual authorization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Answer inbound calls in regards to theft claims assigned to you
· Investigate, evaluate and settle claims following established company procedures
· Develop valuations for damage using automated claims software
· Communicate with policyholders, claimants, contractors and others to obtain information
· Review coverage, arranging appraisals and verifying damages
· Prepare investigative reports and make recommendations
· Negotiate insurance settlements within authority
· Determine proper policy coverage’s and endorsements. Apply Homesite Claim Practices to contact, investigate, evaluate, negotiate and resolve assigned claims in accordance with Company guidelines. Adhere to high standards of professional contact while providing superior claims service to our clients.
· Plan and execute all time schedules necessary to promptly and effectively conclude assigned claims
· Establish and authorize reserves and claims payments within delegated authority
· Maintain current knowledge of homeowner insurance contracts
Required Skills and Experience:
· Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office
· The ability to learn and use automated estimating systems
· Strong phone and customer service skills are required
· Must have a willingness to learn and take on other duties as needed
· Insurance experience is a plus
· Demonstrate knowledge of claims handling and claims practices. General knowledge of insurance theory and practices, insurance contracts and their application. Familiarity with property estimating systems and claims documentation procedures.
· Possess analytical skills necessary to make decisions/resolve conflicts such as application of coverage to submitted claims, application of laws of jurisdiction to investigation facts, application of policy exceptions and exclusions.
· Organizational skills to effectively prioritize work
· Command of written/verbal communication skills for contract/or negotiations with policyholders, claimants, contractors, attorneys and the public in general
· Ability to operate a laptop computer and related software
· Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred. On-going job-related continuing education preferred. State licensing or the ability to become licensed is required.