Home Assist Health, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) - Scottsdale
at Home Assist Health, Inc.
Division of Developmental Disabilities
Multiple positions available in Scottsdale area!
Training Provided - Apply today!
Under the direction of the Member Care Coordinator (MCC), this position provides assistance to meet the non-medical needs of members in their homes by assisting members with: personal care activities, routine house cleaning, laundry, ambulation, transfers, meal preparation and feeding, offer companionship and assist with learning objectives described in the service plan. This position requires traveling between members’ homes. The employee must have reliable, insured transportation or the ability to utilize the transit system to ensure clients scheduled hours of care are covered. Working hours will vary and may require evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Being a positive representative of Home Assist Health upholding the company’s Mission, Vision and Purpose.
- Appropriately assists member with personal care activities, routine house cleaning, laundry, ambulation and transfers, meal preparation and feeding, and learning objectives in the service plan.
- Provides general supervision of the member and companionship in accordance with the member’s service plan as outlined by the assigned Member Care Coordinator.
- Coordinates shopping and accompany clients on errands, doctor/clinic appointments, and assist with arranging transportation as needed.
- Implements community learning objectives as outlined in the service plan.
- Accurately document services provided and complete data sheets in accordance with policy and service plan requirements on day that services are rendered.
- Immediately report any changes in the member’s condition or incidents to the assigned Member Care Coordinator or Supervisor on Duty.
- Assignments are fulfilled with reliability and punctuality utilizing personal conduct guidelines outlined in the Client/Direct Care Worker Agreement.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all personal member information.
- Maintain training/certifications as warranted.
- Maintain a professional appearance and adhere to dress code.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Good communication skills and the ability to follow directions, policies and procedures.
- High school education or GED preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Experience providing personal care and housekeeping – 3 months to one year.
- Required to pass and maintain background clearances.