Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Ensures that general accounting records are handled incompliance with established regulations and policies. To process accounting transactions relatingto the preparation of financial statements. Act to ensure the integrity of the financial statements and protect the assetsof the property.
· Work withdepartments to ensure financial statements are correct and in line with budgets
· Performs balancesheet reconciliations timely and researches all variances.
· Analyze and solveproblems, including AP related issues, also research of Vendor payments, andpreparation of the AP accrual.
· Assist withbudget and planning process, or providing detail for departments as needed.
· Ensure compliancewith all regulatory agencies, have a working knowledge of GAAP, and adherenceto Tribal policies.
· Assist withinternal and external audits
· Provide answersto questions concerning accounting
· Support areas ofRevenue Audit to ensure proper and accurate treatment of revenue posted to theGL from the sub-ledger.
* Cash management - reconciliation of Master Depositoryand other Cash accounts as necessary
· High SchoolDiploma or GED, Accounting Course work preferred.
· BS or BA Degreepreferred but not required.
· 1 year experiencein financial office setting, required.
Therequirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilityrequired to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must possessstrong computer skills
· Must have generalMath Skills
· Must haveexcellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonalskills
· Must be aself-starter; must work without close supervision with ability to workindependently
· Must have theability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Must haveexcellent attendance record in previous positions
· Must be willingto learn and to be adaptable
· Must have theability to pay close attention to detail
· Must maintain aprofessional appearance at all times
· Must work well ina team setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able tobend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
· Must be able torespond to visual and oral cues.
· Must be able toread, write and speak English.
· Must be able tolift up to 50 pounds above or below shoulders
· Must be able towork a flexible schedule to achieve month end close demands, including possiblyHolidays or weekends.
· Must be able tomaneuver around all areas of the casino
· Must be able towork in an environment which may contain second hand smoke