Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook III- Banquets Full Time
at Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Cook 3's areresponsible for preparing recipes and food items for service in all kitchensand Training others to keep and maintain the standards set by the chef. Cook3's are responsible for engaging in events and buzz sessions. Cook 3's areresponsible for setting the standards and ensuring the guest experience is atthe best it can be.
· Responsible for fast and sanitarypreparation of all menus items following established recipes and standards.
· Cook 3's are certified trainers and areresponsible for assisting in the training of all new associates.
· Rotating between all cooking stations, eachresponsible for specific food items and each using particular cooking devices.
· Ensures each order is uniform andconsistent.
· Controls food production to include: proper cooking methods, cooking time andtemperature, ensuring sanitation, handling and storage of prepared food andleftovers, ensuring all items are correctly dated and labeled.
· Ensure all the kitchens time/temperaturelogs are complete and culinary safety practices are followed and completed.
· Must be proficient in areas of, but notlimited to, hot prep, cold prep, salads, desserts, dressings, garnishing, hotand cold sauces, soups, knife-handling skills and ability to produce ordersusing all basic kitchen equipment.
· Be aware of current and needed par levelsof products as to assure maintaining needed product.
· Detailed cleanliness of all stationsincluding all equipment and cooling units.
· Must be able to work any shift in any outlet.
· Meets attendance guidelines and adheresto regulatory, departmental and Company policies
· Prepares for a rush period of workwithout getting behind.
· May be asked to perform the basic jobfunctions as a lead cook for purposes of advancement and development.
· Able to make recommendations for foodsubstitutions and menu adjustment.
· Assists in all kitchen areas and otherduties as assigned.
DUTIES IN OUTLETS WHERE A CASHIER IS REQUIRED:
· Operates cash register and properlysettles checks
· Greets and rings all customer checks oncash register, takes money from customer and accurately gives change back tothe customer
· Accurately maintains balance of cashregister and restaurant checks or kiosk sales
· Records all tips collected from creditcards, comps, and room charges
· Must be able to meet or exceed allcustomer service expectations and behaviors
· Greet all associate and Guests with asmile and positive attitude with friendly helpful tone.
· Maintain Cleanliness of Work area anddining room floor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma or GED required
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in highvolume, quality establishment, or equivalent technical training in the foodindustry.
· Culinary school experience preferred
The requirementslisted are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required tofulfill the obligations of this position.
· Completion of, at minimum 10 ea. skillsoft business curriculum courses 120 days of position start date.
· Certified trainer within 90 days ofpositions start date.
· Valid Food Handler's Card
· ServSafe® Food handler certification
· Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitationand operation and be ServSafe® Food handler certified.
· Must be familiar with general maintenanceof kitchen equipment
· Must be able to cook using industry andproperty standard techniques, procedures and equipment.
· Must have a solid skill base in all areasof Pantry and Cook operations.
· Must be able to get along with co-workersand work as a team member.
· Must present a well-groomedappearance.
· Must be able to have a sense of urgencyand react to changing business demands.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas ofthe kitchen
· Must be able to tolerate areas with highor low temperatures.
· Must be able to lift up to 75pounds.
· Must be able to push and pull up to 125pounds in a cart.
· Must possess coordination and dexterityto use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, reach,crouch, kneel, push and pull
· Must be able to operate the followingkitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryersand other utensils when preparing food orders.
· Must be fast and accurate.
· Must be able to read, write, speak andunderstand English.
· Must be able to respond to visual andaural cues.
· Must be able to tolerate chemicals forcleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community membersand members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
Thisis not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies,changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).