Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Facilities Construction
at Great Local Employer
The Director of Facilities Construction manages a team of maintenance staff located throughout the state. This position is responsible for managing people and resources to meet overall project workload to meet business needs, setting standards and best practices as they relate to project management and tracking, design and buildout, and capital planning and budgeting.
- Leads and directs the work of others; including staff and contractors.
- Oversees the functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, and elevators.
- Manages the maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Oversees contractors for facility renovation projects entailing HVAC, electrical systems, and production floor arrangement.
- Works with the Director of Facilities Operations to assess and monitor facility repairs and ensure cost effectiveness; establishes criteria for repair versus replacement of facilities.
- Works to develop and implement the department’s strategic plan in accordance with overall strategic plan.
- Creates, implements, and maintains department repair and capital improvement budgets; ensures compliance with budgetary constraints; and forecasts and plans facility improvements.
- Plans, develops and prioritizes projects and weekly work plans; ensures that materials are ordered, projects are designed and planned, and monies are available.
- Coordinates and monitors status of work orders; estimates, requests, and purchases materials and equipment; and estimates labor costs.
- Maintains current knowledge in the field of facilities management / maintenance / security; ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Ensures compliance with applicable building and safety codes.
- Manages and supervises department staff; plans work/staff schedules.
- Verifies department employee timesheets for accuracy and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Directs projects (e.g. site repairs/construction, preventive maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion within established time frames, project design and budget.
- Inspects new construction, repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Recommends priorities and general strategies for facilities planning and construction; provides planning for and oversight of capital improvements.
- Directly manages the planning of construction projects which include development of an appropriate scope of work, including direct management through design, construction or post-construction phases; collaborates with other departments ensuring that work planned by Facilities meets user needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Facilities Management
- 4-5 years leadership experience
- 7-10 years experience in a related field or industry, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Valid AZ Driver’s License in good standing
- Specific technical training and certification may be required
- Ability and flexibility to drive between sites as business needs dictate