Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Faculty - Computer Science - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
at Grand Canyon University
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It also features pre-professional degrees in biology, alongside our degrees in information systems and engineering, and forensic science and exercise science programs.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. This is a 9 month position with an immediate start date. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches undergraduate courses within the major.
- Assists students outside classroom hours.
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline.
- Assists administration in driving curriculum design & development.
- Works with University leadership on strategic planning initiatives advancing science and technology education.
- Develops and administers forward-thinking short and long term plans for development and growth.
- Provides vision and leadership promoting consensus building and collaboration.
- Assists the University in building a solid foundation for growth of science, engineering, and technology programs.
- Manages assigned resources including the budgets.
- Mentors undergraduate majors in science, engineering, and technology.
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and industrial mentoring.
- Actively supports college/university mission and initiatives.
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees.
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty.
- Active engagement in professional development activities.
- Compliance with all college and University policies.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Computer Science from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Any two of the following criteria:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a board member on two or more boards related to the computer programming
- Has been recognized with two or more awards for their expertise in computer programming
- Has over three publications in peer reviewed journals within the last 7 years
- Has a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a leadership position within their respective professional association
- Greater than 5 years’ work experience computer science.
- Holds or has held a position as a director or higher in the work setting associated with computer programming or a related field.
- 5 years’ relevant work experience which may include progressive business/managerial experience in a field related to the computer programming disciplines, or higher education teaching experience in a closely related field. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
- An extensive, advanced and current knowledge of computer science or closely related field including algorithms, architecture, and discrete structures.
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices; or a record of excellent in teaching.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning, education deployment/delivery including distance education/online services and classroom
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Comprehensive and extensive Industry experience, and interdisciplinary teaching experience.
- Experience with ABET accreditation.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.