Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Broadcast & Sponsorship Administrative Assistant
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University continues to expand and is adding an Administrative Assistant to their Broadcasting and Sponsorships team. Under general Supervision, this position acts as the front line of communication for the department, providing administrative support of general complexity and day to day operational tasks.
The role asks for a thorough knowledge of standard business and office processes and procedures, including media and sales promotions. This role works under general direction and exercises authority to act with regard to department administrative duties.
- Provides administrative and office support services to the department or function enabling them to focus on high level objectives and goals.
- Handles office/department files and ensures all documents are filed to be able to retrieve when requested.
- Maintains a professional and welcoming image for the reception area, greeting and directing guests, visitors, faculty, staff and students, answering phones, responding appropriately to inquiries and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Manages the requisite calendars, coordinating calendars with university offices, faculty, students, management and external parties to set up meetings and supervise the arrangement of related logistics such as site locations, reservations, travel arrangements, audio-visual equipment, catering, etc.
- Provides daily updates to staff regarding events, updates to schedules, etc.
- Attends meetings to serve as recorder and distributes meeting minutes as requested.
- Proactively maintains an appropriate inventory of necessary office supplies and orders and replenishes supplies as necessary within budget.
- Processes, and follows up as needed, with required paperwork or electronic forms. Assists with navigating the University’s processes for purchasing, human resources issues, accounts payable/receivable, payroll and timekeeping, public safety/parking, etc.
- Assists with planning and organizing special events, conferences, meetings, etc. initiated or hosted by the department including preparation and coordination of plan details, logistical arrangements, timelines and communications based upon the event. This may include arranging vendors, booking conference or meeting space, scheduling speakers or talent, invitations, marketing/promotional materials, oversight of budgets and coordinating/synchronizing efforts with other staff. May assist with use of social media platforms for announcements and promotions.
- Maintains service level agreements (SLAs) on all identified office equipment, and ensures all equipment is operating; oversees the necessity for repairs and upkeep of equipment; assists staff in the proper operation of equipment including fax machines, personal computers and associated software, Scantrons, copiers, OCR/scanning equipment, and any other.
- Receives and reconciles receipts, statements, invoices, expense reports, etc., identifies and resolves discrepancies, and submits for payment or approval; follows up as necessary on payments.
- Responsible for proofreading department materials for accuracy.
- Performs complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting, integrating test with graphics, spreadsheet and database files, uploading/downloading and creating templates.
- May serve as key submitter of management staff expense records; ensures integrity of data and submission of data is accurate to ensure prompt reimbursement.
- May coordinate hiring of student workers, assigning work to student workers, verifying and approving time for payroll reporting, and providing guidance regarding the University’s processes and procedures.
- Maintains physical and electronic files and may prepare/compile reports which may include highly sensitive information.
- Communicates current administrative policies and processes to staff.
- Participates on team-based projects as assigned.
- Assists with organizing office moves, ensuring logistical plans are well executed on a timely basis.
- High School graduate or equivalent required and minimum of 5 years’ directly related work experience in media or sales promotions
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred and 2 years work experience in media or sales promotions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer/student service focus with the ability to remain calm under pressure or when dealing with difficult customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with exceptional organization skill and attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills with a good command of the English language and good editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities, and manage timelines, in an effective and organized manner.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office applications including Word and Excel; calendar software; basic proficiency with databases and the ability to quickly learn new applications such as e-procurement software, point of sale systems, database management applications, etc.
- Good problem solver with critical thinking skills.
- Sensitive to and respectful of cultural differences.
- Good judgment and ability to maintain discretion in handling or viewing confidential information.
- Ability to pass background investigations
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.