Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Video / Motion Graphics Editor
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a new Video and Motion Graphics Editor. This role will focus on visually telling many stories through brand commercials, student focused testimonials and other video story telling techniques that can be shared on social platforms and through broadcast. By using an array of multi-media tools and platforms, the editor creates and produces high-quality, multi-media assets that can be distributed through a variety of digital outlets including national media as a means to market to prospective students, current students, alumni and other relevant audiences and thereby creating brand awareness among these audiences. The position works closely with the Creative Director, Producer, and Senior Marketing manager to produce and edit all things video.
The video editor is responsible for all post production tasks including; reviewing RAW footage, creating offline rough cuts, audio adjustment, online finishing, color correction, and motions graphics using DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Fusion, After Effects, and more.
- Participates and develops creative solutions for addressing University branding/marketing initiatives through audio-visual assets.
- Responsible for executing each asset as provided by Creative Director.
- Works closely with an internal producer, determines content and format before production.
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio material while creating compelling and visually interesting products; observes brand standards, ensures consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality of end product.
- Produces, edits and distributes media content as required which may include photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio and music.
- Works overtime, evening, holidays or weekend hours in order to complete assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ working experience in creating and executing cinematic visualizations.
- Work Experience must include professional commercial broadcast experience
- Full video with audio post production knowledge and capabilities including encoding and compression skills
- Possesses a keen eye for space, timing and movement aesthetics.
- Ability to apply advanced editing, motion graphics and animation skills
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and principles of editing trends and techniques, motion after-effect, photo editing, and image manipulation; including layout, typography, color, balance and composition.
- Demonstrated artistic and creative abilities in creating compelling and/or visually interesting compositions with regard to video post-production and images
- Experience with motion graphics and animation
- Experience with file types of high end cameras (RED or ARRI Alexa) Aware of different cameras, compressions, LUTs, etc.
- Experience with digital workflows for images and videos
- Experience with DaVinci, Premiere, After Effects, and Final Cut Pro.
- Willing to work various hours and days of the week as necessary.
- Willing to travel, up to 25% of the time.
- Reliable transportation in order to drive to and from various off-site locations.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com