Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a .NET Developer. In this role you will develop and custom .Net applications, web services, and SQL databases.
- Develop and support custom C# applications, web services, SQL Server databases and integrations between existing systems.
- Confer with users and team members to develop, understand and update requirements for configuration and development of software.
- Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Maintain, support and troubleshoot web applications, services and databases.
- Identify opportunities for application scalability, sustainability and improvement.
- Evaluate customer or internally drive functionality change requests for technical feasibility and level of effort.
- Prepare database schema for review and deployment.
- Execute programming updates for application updates or enhancements per project.
- Conduct application software testing, prototype review, and quality assurance for stage and production release and post release monitoring and follow up.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years' work experience in software design and implementation for large projects.
- An equivalent combination of directly-related work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Internet Information Server, Component Services and SQL Server (stored procedures, constraints, and triggers).
- Visual Studio.NET using C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with project management techniques including planning, organizing, time management and financial management.
- Highly self-motivated with a keen attention to detail and willingness to learn and be a team player.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and ability to be adaptive to new tools.
- Knowledge of all basic object-oriented concepts.
- Experience with Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services).
- Ability to work with third-party industry tools as needed.
- SQL experience and basic understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with version control software, (GIT, VSTS, or TFS).
- Must pass background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com