Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Services Project Analyst
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Academic Web Services department is seeking a full time Project Analyst. This position is responsible for successful planning, quality assurance, and on time delivery of client solutions. The individual in this role may be the primary liaison with the project team and clients throughout planning, design, production, testing, and maintenance stages of the project lifecycle. This role is responsible for maximizing departmental resources by bringing together project teams and making recommendations to management related to project resource allocation, schedules, milestones in development, and timeframes for completion.
- Participate in client information gathering sessions and document requirements for project team
- Lead client meetings during the project life cycle to capture information about project goal, scope, timeline, and deliverables
- Demonstrate ability to communicate to stakeholders about technical requirements in an understandable manner
- Demonstrate solid understanding of product lifecycle
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people with different organizational roles to identify operational and application requirements
- Actively participate in some or all stages of the product lifecycle
- Work independently or as a member of project teams to determine curricular and media needs
- Solve problems and make decisions with attention to detail
- Ensure tasks and projects are on schedule
- Meet both departmental standards and customer expectations
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills including verbal, written, and active listening
- Stay abreast of current concepts, techniques, and technologies
- Actively pursue and engage in professional development opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, systems design, or any other related information technology field.
- An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon approval.
- Minimum of one year professional experience defining business requirements.
- Work independently or as a member of a project team on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication and relationship building skills among diverse groups of stakeholders
- Excellent planning, organizational, and process skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Visio, OneNote, and Outlook
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com