Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Store Manager - Tucson
at Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Is this job right for you?
Are you looking for a job where you can improve your skills and get the training you need and want? Are you looking for a job where you can perform well and have opportunities for advancement? Are you looking to be a part of something BIG that positively affects your community?
What benefits do you want?
- Competitive Salary
- Vacation Time - Up to 80 hours earned your first full year
- Sick Time - Up to 48 hours accrued each fiscal year
- My Time Off (MTO) - Up to 88 hours accrued each fiscal year
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance after 60 days of employment
- 403(b) with company match after 1 year of employment
- Tuition reimbursement - Reimbursement for courses of study that will directly enhance the employee’s potential for personal and professional growth.
- Multiple optional ancillary plans available after 60 days of employment: Including Telemedicine, Short-and Long-Term Disability plans, Life Insurance, Accident insurance, Critical Illness insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Legal Assistance, Credit Monitoring, and even Pet Insurance!
- 20% Employee Discount
- WORK WITH AMAZING PEOPLE
What you will do:
The Store Manager effectively and efficiently directs the operations of a multi-product retail store. The Manager ensures performance of all functions necessary to manage and operate a Goodwill store with emphasis placed on collection, processing and sale of donated and/or purchased goods.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five (5) years’ experience in Retail Sales.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in management including the supervision of several employees, store security, organization and planning, customer relations, and general store operations.
- Experience in operating a cash register, counting money, and making change accurately.
- Ability to train team members.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions independently as required.
- Ability to seek out internal and external resources to accomplish desired results.
- Ability to motivate others to act, delegate job duties, and hold team members accountable for the completion of responsibilities.
- Experience in working with figures, and have speed and accuracy in making computations. (Math skills will include fractions, decimals, and percentages.)
- Must be able to gain clearance under the Department of Economic Security to provide services to program participants of the Division of Developmental Disabilities (fingerprint and background check) within 90 days of employment.
- Will be required to successfully complete and maintain:
- Article 9, Certified Monitor Training, and Prevention and Support
- CPR and 1st Aid
- Must have a valid Arizona driver license and auto insurance, reliable transportation, and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to relate effectively with a wide variety of personalities and work in a stressful fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and be able to stand for long periods at a time; bend, reach and stretch repeatedly during a shift.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends).
- Must be willing to transfer to other stores as requested.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all individuals.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
We encourage national service members, veterans, and their family members to apply.
Location: Tucson, AZ