Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gingerbread Shed
The Accountant is responsible for financial and accounting processes including, but not limited to: managing and reconciling credit card merchant accounts, preparing journal entries for approval and entry into J.D. Edwards accounting system, tracking and reconciling accrual and other balance sheet accounts, Revenue/Invoicing and A/R cycle. Responsibilities may also include analysis for leadership team on deals and strategic initiatives, budgeting and reforecasting, rounding out existing policy & controls frameworks, assisting in and auditing hourly payrolls of up to 30 part-timer employees, acting as an inter-departmental resource and assisting with the annual audit for external and corporate audits.
1. Assist with documenting and implementing of Financial Policies, Procedures and Controls, with documenting controls for PCI compliance purposes, and in forwarding quarterly overall company risk evaluation with supervisor, and with other departments.
2. Financial analysis, reporting and bookkeeping, specifically of balance sheet and accrual accounts, preparing entries for month-end closes, and developing and promulgating more effective Job Costing practices for festival segments.
3. Assist in annual bottom-up and top-down budgeting, target-setting, and monthly re-forecasting processes.
4. Management of the Invoicing and Accounts Receivable cycle, and efficient collections of receivables.
5. Participate in organizational effectiveness initiatives, including meetings with department, preparing analyses for senior staff, etc.
6. Act as an interdepartmental resource, providing financial insight and quantifiable, fact-based solutions. Support and facilitate communication of Finance duties with regard to upstream corporate reporting, procedures and protocols, and intra-company targets and goals.
7. Recommend changes and enhancements to policies, practices and strategies, especially in accounting cycles, KPIs, approval practices, and operational efficiencies for Finance, and the Shed as a whole.
8. Assist in and Audit the bi-weekly payrolls and payroll processes for up to 30 part-time employees.
- 1-2 years of related work experience in similar industry (venues, festivals, live events, etc)
- Industry experience in closing out and settling shows highly desired
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems and discrepancies in financial systems
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree in Accounting
- Experience with JDE, Image Now and Concur