Fred G. Acosta Job Corps
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fred G. Acosta Job Corps
The Academic Substitute Instructor position provides support for a U.S Department of Labor Job Corps contractor. The Job Corps program is a federally-funded residential training program. The mission of Job Corps is to provide career-ready technical and basic skills (academic) training and job placement assistance to program eligible youth ages 16-24.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrate Knowledge and experience implementing best practices in instruction.
- Have Knowledge and experience using a variety of assessment tools and analyzing student data.
- Have the Ability to collaborate with teacher teams, co-teach lessons, and do demonstration teaching.
- Think flexibly and to adapt work to the needs of teachers.
- Possess Knowledge and demonstration of using 21st Century skills in instruction (analytical thinking, problem solving, communicating, collaborating, and finding and evaluating information)
- Demonstrate strong skills in oral and written communication and the ability to utilize technology for communication and instruction.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and initiative for working with minimal direct supervision.
- Display Evidence of ongoing professional learning and reflective practice to continuously improve adult learning and student learning.
- Have Knowledge and experience using technology for communication
- Display enjoyment, humor, and enthusiasm for teaching and expect students to enjoy learning.
Skill / Requirements
Bachelor’s degree required.
Valid state driver’s license; CPR/First Aid certifications
Valid Substitute Teacher Certification preferred
Fred G. Acosta Job Corps Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.