Fred G. Acosta Job Corps
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fred G. Acosta Job Corps
The Procurement Agent position provides support for a U.S Department of Labor Job Corps contractor. The Job Corps program is a federally-funded residential training program. The mission of Job Corps is to provide career-ready technical and academic training and job placement assistance to program eligible youth ages 16-24.
Summary of Duties: Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for organization.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Compiles, verifies, purchases via required Government sources.
- Follows government procurement procedures and regulations, as well as any terms defined by the Center contract.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Reviews requisitions.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders change notices.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Negotiates, administers, extends, terminates, and renegotiates contracts.
- Evaluates or monitors contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Approves or rejects requests for deviations from contract specifications and delivery schedules.
- Arbitrates claims or complaints occurring in performance of contracts.
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of prices.
Fred G. Acosta Job Corps Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Skill / Requirements
Teamwork: Builds pride and commitment though effective teamwork and collaboration. Adheres to established company policies and procedures, and supports all programs. Makes effective use of time, materials and resources by planning, scheduling and organizing work. Communicates in an open and honest manner.
Demonstrates excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills: Anticipates and resolves problems, demonstrating good judgment.
Monitors Student Behavior: Ensures proper conduct of students in all areas. Assists staff with behavior problems coordinating referrals to PBSO as required. Creates methods and programs to motivate constructive trainee behavior. Maintains awareness of the individual needs of various minority and cultural groups. Monitors accountability process.
Modeling, Mentoring and Monitoring: Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relationships and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning, and; interpersonal skills; independent living.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We Value Diversity!