Fort McDowell Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fort McDowell Casino
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the We-Ko-Pa Way
- o Smile and Greet
- o Name and Meet
- o Thank you and Goodbye
- Responsible for daily ordering, preparation, and presentation of quality food products
- Oversees employees’ training and development of food quality and sanitation
- Responsible for cleanliness of the area and sanitation standards as defined by the Health Department guidelines
- Hands on management of day to day operations of all food outlet kitchens.
- Implements and enforces all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assures staff compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- Teaches all line cooks the importance of sanitation, cleaning, and safety.
- Ensures all employees “clean as they go”.
- Ensures the line cooks prepare a variety of foods in quantities according to the menu and number of patrons to be served.
- Responsible for recipe compliance.
- Leads, directs, and assists activities to one or more workers assisting with preparing and serving meals.
- Fills “in” during absences of subordinates.
- Oversees the sanitation standards of all kitchens to assure compliance with local health department standards and company standards.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- Must have valid food handler’s permit and be Serve Safe certified.
- Must have valid title 4 training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must be 21 or older.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in the Culinary Arts.
- One year previous supervisory background in hospitality industry.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.