Fort McDowell Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Sous Chef
at Fort McDowell Casino
Job Status: Full Time
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Must maintain the We Ko Pa way service culture through positive leadership, communication and a commitment to excellence.
- Works collectively with the Fort McDowell Casino front and back of house teams on all events to provide excellent execution for all events
- Under direct supervision of the Executive Chef, performs one-on-one training of line cooks
- Assists in menu writing, costing, and scheduling.
- Manages costs, presentation, production, and staffing for the restaurant and Fort McDowell Adventures special events.
- Manages and trains all kitchen employees the skills required for their specific positions including but not limited to the use and care of the steel, the use of knives and other culinary tools.
- Practices and achieves high standards of safety and sanitation.
- Monitors food production, ordering, costs, quality and consistency on a daily basis.
- Plans, coordinates and implements special events and holiday functions
- Manages key culinary leadership roles including supervisors and line cooks.
- Teaches the art of butchering, carving, and basic cooking fundamentals in each of the areas supervised.
- Supervises and prepares foods for the assigned area of responsibility as required by production sheets.
- Informs wait staff of any food shortages well in advance and finds suitable substitutes for the menu items when required.
- Works on the service line supervising and training all line cooks in the fundamentals of this line including but not limited to: portion control, plate appearance, and proper food preparation.
- Teaches all line cooks the importance of sanitation, cleaning, and safety. Ensures that employees “clean as they go”.
- Ensures that the line cooks prepare a variety of foods in the quantities according to the menu and number of patrons to be served.
- Ensures that all employees in the assigned department clearly understand their job and is provided with all the necessary tools, equipment, and uniforms.
- Completes the performance evaluations of the supervised staff in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assisting Executive Chef with scheduling and payroll control, i.e., overtime expenses.
- Maintains good communication with co-workers and promotes a positive and professional work environment.
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction
- Must have valid food handler’s permit and be Serve Safe certified.
- Must have valid title 4 training and liquor management training.
- Required to remain flexible in a fast paced environment and adjusting to unforeseen schedule changes
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must be able to sit, stand, see, hear, stoop, twist and walk
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100
- Must be 21 or older.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma Required
- Degree in Culinary Arts preferred
- Extensive experience in high volume banquet production required