Fort McDowell Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASSISTANT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
at Fort McDowell Casino
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Assist in the daily scheduling of jobs, staff training, chemical/fertilizer applications and irrigation.
- Performs daily inspection of the golf course grounds
- Directs and supervises the maintenance of staff members ( approx. 30 members)
- Ability to work with and motivate a large staff
- Assist the superintendent with interviewing, performance evaluations, recognition and discipline of the assigned staff
- Communicates with the Superintendent and Golf Shop staff on a daily basis
- Maintains up-to-date, accurate records of all fertilizer and pesticide applications
- Maintains records and MSDS relating to the chemicals used on the golf course
- Responsible for performing a daily inspection tour of the golf course and clubhouse grounds
- Project a professional image at all times.
- Must be able to communicate well and openly with all members of the organization
- Must be knowledgeable of golf course maintenance procedures/use/application of golf course pesticides/fertilizers.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Working toward or have acquired an A.S. or B.S. in Agronomy or Turf Management.
- Must have GCSAA status and state pesticide applicators license
- Minimum of 3 years of golf course maintenance experienced required
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.