Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Trencher Operator)
at Fisher Industries
- 22-Sep-2020 to 21-Oct-2020 (MST)
- Fisher Sand & Gravel Arizona
- Tucson, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Fisher Industries is a family of businesses that encompass all aspects of the aggregate production and heavy civil construction industries. Our unique, vertically-integrated business model allows us to handle small projects, large scale operations, and every tough job in between. Our goal is to provide reliable products and sustainable solutions for innovative global infrastructure. For additional information about our company, visit our website at www.fisherind.com.
The Heavy Equipment Operator must be able to operate a skid steer, loader, dozer, crusher, or excavator according to project specifications. The individual will be responsible for servicing and maintaining equipment on a daily basis. Position requires travel.
- Operate equipment efficiently to maintain production goals
- Assist with setup and tear down of plants
- Perform general maintenance, repair, and service equipment as required or directed by supervisor
- General housekeeping of equipment and plant on a daily basis or as directed by supervisor
- Individual must be able to lift objects weighing 80 lb. on a regular basis
- The use of a shovel to move material will be necessary
- Perform all duties within safety guidelines set up by M.S.H.A. and company policy
- Perform pre-shift inspections on equipment prior to startup
- Safety, Safety, Safety comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards of safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Able to operate equipment efficiently to maintain project specifications
- Mechanical knowledge of equipment and able to perform routine maintenance
- Basic knowledge of welding and using a cutting torch
- Acceptable MVR in accordance with Fisher's Company Vehicle Program policy is required
- MSHA part 46 and/or part 48 or willingness to obtain certification - company will pay for certification
- Ability to complete work tasks under various adverse weather conditions including heat in excess of 100 degrees, cold, rain, and snow
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test is required
- Work well in a team environment
- Travel will be required
Fisher Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please email email@example.com to request an accommodation. This email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about the status of your application.