Ernest Health, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech Language Pathologist - PRN
at Ernest Health, Inc.
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northern Arizona (RHNA) is a 40-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital located in Flagstaff, AZ. Our facility is designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care. The facility’s unique design fosters a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
About our Company:
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
Each one of our eligible Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) has been recognized in the Top 10% of 781 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities in the United States, cited for care that is effective, efficient, timely, and patient-centered.
Position Summary: The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for assessments, diagnosing, and treating speech, language, cognitive, communication, voice, swallowing, fluency, and other related disorders. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs patient assessment, establishes plan of care, and prepares discharge plans.
- Evaluates effectiveness of treatment and modifies as necessary.
- Assesses educational and cultural needs of the patient, family, caregiver, or significant other and communicate accordingly to promote maximum benefit of care.
- Coordinates and supervises appropriate levels of staff including interns, students, and volunteers. Responds to department needs. Participates in and contributes to quality improvement process for the department and the institution.
- Uses age specific standards, policies and procedures and guidelines to perform treatments and procedures that are routine for unit/clinic based on patient age.
- Completes patient documentation in a thorough, timely, and efficient manner.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Assess the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
- Current state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required.
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR card required.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA or Clinical Fellowship Year status or equivalent preferred.
- Two years’ experience in rehabilitation hospital setting preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance