La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substance Abuse Therapist: Adult Programs
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a Substance Abuse Therapist to join our agency. The candidate will work in our Tempe office. The ideal candidate will have experience in substance abuse treatment and experience facilitating groups. This position may require you to work some evenings.
The position will require the individual to provide psychotherapy for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of adults and their families, individualizing these services to meet unique needs. The Substance Abuse Therapist will facilitate IOP, SOP, & Aftercare groups, using agency Substance Abuse Program curriculum, which consists of a comprehensive, structured, step-down group program, and can also include individual and/or family therapy, as needed. The Substance Abuse Therapist will utilize community resources and referrals, as appropriate, to enhance and expand treatment.
Skill / Requirements
- Master's Degree in marriage and family therapy, counseling, or social work required.
- AzBBHE Licensure is preferred.
- Experience working with substance abuse issues and facilitating groups is preferred.
- Must be organized & reliable, have knowledge of community resources, be trauma-informed, and be able to individualize treatment.
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Plus: Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.