La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rehabilitation Specialist (San Tan)
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. EMPACT-SPC is an EEO/AA employer.
As a member of the clinical team, completes assessment and service plan and implements services to consumers in accordance with their individualized service plan (ISP). Communicates and documents consumer’s progress toward their recovery. Coordinates and monitors rehabilitation-related services for consumers with serious mental illness.
This job is responsible for coordinating and monitoring rehabilitation-related services for consumers living with a serious mental illness. Under the Vocational and Rehabilitation Services Interagency Governmental Agreement (IGA), works in partnership with assigned Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor(s), community rehabilitation program providers and others involved in assisting consumer to become involved in or maintain involvement in meaningful community activities or employment.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral field or any combination education/experience that meets BHT requirements as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS required.
- Must have 2 (Two) years’ work experience in behavioral health, preferably providing vocational and/or rehabilitation services to adults diagnosed with a serious mental illness in an interdisciplinary clinical team environment.
- SMI experience preferred
- Must have understanding and application of best practices in psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Adequate computer and typing skills required.
- Experience working with Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word and Next Gen preferred.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.