La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Support Specialist
at La Frontera EMPACT
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. This is a great opportunity for Peer Support to join our agency in our Comunidad office location. We are an EEO/AA employer.
Are you looking for a career to help people but do not have a a degree in behavioral health. Lived experience is valuable to us as we are looking for a Peer Support Specialist. A qualified candidate will have personal experience in receiving behavioral health services, have successfully navigated through the behavioral health system, and is ready to help other on their personal journey .
The Peer Support position is a part time position which will require some evening hours. The Peer Support position serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA/Community based resources and facilitates delivery of these necessary services and support. Acts as a consumer advocate, assists consumers in the ISP process, assists in crisis intervention and outreach/engagement. Works closely with the Clinic Director in order to establish, support and oversee the Consumer Site Council. Works closely with Clinic Director to establish consumer run self-help groups. The goal is to provide individuals who are voluntary and able to give informed consent, assistance in accessing services.
Skill / Requirements
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Must be eligible to obtain Peer Support Specialist Certificate
Must be a recipient or have received services through the community behavioral health system.
Must have the ability and willingness to share their experience of receiving behavioral health services.
Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.