La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Therapist - Teen Resiliency Program - Tempe Children's Center
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a Family Therapist to join our dynamic department in Tempe. In this position, you will utilize your experience to provide direct clinical service including individual, family, and group therapy for families, youth and adults.
This position is part of our Teen Resiliency Program, which is an intensive outpatient program providing individual/family therapy and weekly adolescent skills groups. Dynamic, creative person with high energy to build teams with youth and engaging them in group activities. This position will assist to facilitate groups assisting adolescents to work toward independent living, as well as healthy activities in the community in a strength training program. Prior experience in working with youth in crisis or with trauma exposure is preferred. Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide clinical insight to support youth who are experiencing or have experienced trauma, exposure to substance abuse or other maladaptive behaviors, as well as, teaching/assisting in developing adolescent life transitions. Master's degree in behavioral health related field is required. Licensure through AzBBHE is preferred. Candidate must have prior experience working in community behavioral health field specifically working with children and families. Knowledge of RBHA and AZ Children’s Behavioral Health Systems required. Bi-lingual (Spanish Speaking) a plus.
Skill / Requirements
- Master’s degree. Course of Study: Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology, Social Work, or directly related field.
- Licensure preferred but not required: Must be eligible for licensure.
- Experience working with GMHSA, SMI and Children services preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of Best Practice therapeutic approaches.
- Must be organized & reliable, have knowledge of community resources, be trauma-informed, and be able to individualize treatment.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Plus: Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available. Rural Diff available.