La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Crisis Therapist - Trauma Healing Services
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is a non-profit industry leader located in in Tempe, Glendale, Maricopa, and San Tan Valley dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a full-time Crisis Therapist based in our Tempe office for the Trauma Healing Services department. Responsibilities include providing office and community-based crisis de-escalation and brief supportive counseling to adults and children affected by sexual and domestic violence. The position also facilitates group treatment services, provides personal advocacy, collaborates with victims on safety planning, provides risk assessments and appropriate interventions, and coordinates services with EMPACT-SPC case manager/advocate and agency staff. The position coordinates services with other behavioral health, law enforcement and public agencies as requested by the victim. On-call overnight component once per week.
Candidate must demonstrate ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, and recognize personal limitations. Candidate must possess the ability to represent agency in professional manner. Candidate should have prior experience, which demonstrates ability to understand the needs of victims and their families, empower victims to make positive choices, and relate positively to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation. Spanish language ability is required.
- Master's Degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, or directly related field is required.
- Spanish language ability required.
- Need knowledge of effective crisis interventions
- Need comprehensive understanding of the effects of significant trauma and principles of Trauma-Informed Care.
- Need effective self-care within a potentially stressful client environment.
- Need understanding of community and agency resources with motivation to advocate for clients needs.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly, facilitate public presentations and maintain timely clinical documentation.
- Familiarity with Maricopa County community resources is preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural competency through experience with diverse minority populations is preferred.
- Fingerprint clearance card or eligible to qualify to obtain one.