Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Full-time & Benefits eligible
In this position you will:
- support the Operations Manager in coordinating various operations-related tasks, processes and projects
- play a key role in the agency’s procurement process, with responsibility for purchasing
- pick up and distribute many of the agency’s supplies and other items/services related to agency operations and client assistance.
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse crisis intervention and housing, prevention and education, and support and advocacy services to anyone experiencing domestic abuse. Emerge! is the largest domestic abuse shelter and provider of domestic abuse prevention and abuse programs in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place to live, work, and play.
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO ALL AGENCY EMPLOYEES
- Maintains confidentiality and trust for all employees, participants and visitors
- Consistently displays culturally sensitive behavior and communication for all employees, participants and visitors. Seeks to expand knowledge base to increase cultural sensitivity
- Seeks win/win solutions, values interdependence, shares a common sense of responsibility for the whole
- Acts in a manner that presents the agency in a positive light, and furthers a positive image for the agency
- Demonstrates a positive and respectful personal appearance. Contributes to a clean and orderly facility appearance
- Demonstrates respect, courtesy and dignity for all
- Responds in a timely manner in all aspects of communication
- Maintains safe working environment for self, other employees, and visitors in accordance with applicable standards relevant to the position’s job duties
- Displays adaptability and flexibility to encourage team, participant and agency health including: initiating improvements, demonstrating problem solving and creativity, demonstrating motivation for change and enhancement of the organization
- Assists the Operations Manager with various operations-related tasks, processes and projects
- As a “dedicated purchaser”, processes purchasing requests made in support of direct service and operations functions in adherence with Emerge!’s procurement policies and procedures
- Coordinates with partner agencies who provide in-kind items to Emerge! (e.g., Diaper Bank, Assistance League, etc.) and secures/distributes these items to various sites
- Assesses which requested supplies can be obtained from in-kind items received by the agency, and which require purchase
- Monitors and maintains agency site stocks of basic supplies
- Distributes supplies needed at various agency sites in a timely manner
- Coordinates delivery of items for children’s monthly birthday gifts for the residential facilities
- Maintains logs and back-up documentation related to all gift cards purchased or received by the agency and laundry funds used for client assistance, in adherence to Emerge!’s Gift Card & Laundry Funds policies and procedures
- Associate degree, Bachelor degree preferred
- Two years’ experience in a logistics/operations capacity
- Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Experience in the human services field
- Experience with data entry and computer database management
- Knowledge of domestic abuse issues
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail and calendars
- Ability to network efficiently with other agency personnel
- Sensitivity to domestic violence issues
- Maintain confidentiality and respect and observe organizational protocol
- Work effectively as a team member
- Effective time management skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge! will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Indoor and outdoor field environment
- Travel from site to site
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
Emerge! is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.