Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Full-time & Benefits eligible
Three Shifts Available
6:00a – 2:30 p Sunday – Thursday (bilingual required)
3:00p – 11:30p Sunday - Thursday
3:00p – 11:30p Tuesday - Saturday
This position provides hotline callers with crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals, domestic abuse education and emotional support as appropriate. This position may work at the emergency shelter as requested.
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse crisis intervention and housing, prevention and education, and support and advocacy services to anyone experiencing domestic abuse. Emerge! is the largest domestic abuse shelter and provider of domestic abuse prevention and abuse programs in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place to live, work, and play.
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO ALL AGENCY EMPLOYEES
- Maintains confidentiality and trust for all employees, participants and visitors
- Consistently displays culturally sensitive behavior and communication for all employees, participants and visitors. Seeks to expand knowledge base to increase cultural sensitivity
- Seeks win/win solutions, values interdependence, shares a common sense of responsibility for the whole
- Acts in a manner that presents the agency in a positive light, and furthers a positive image for the agency
- Demonstrates a positive and respectful personal appearance. Contributes to a clean and orderly facility appearance
- Demonstrates respect, courtesy and dignity for all
- Responds in a timely manner in all aspects of communication
- Maintains safe working environment for self, other employees, and visitors in accordance with applicable standards relevant to the position’s job duties
- Displays adaptability and flexibility to encourage team, participant and agency health including: initiating improvements, demonstrating problem solving and creativity, demonstrating motivation for change and enhancement of the organization
- Provides hotline callers with crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals, domestic abuse education and emotional support as appropriate
- Conduct assessments to determine immediate needs and if appropriate Emerge! services based on callers request
- Conduct basic mental health screenings and facilitate immediate intervention when appropriate
- Facilitate services under the Lethality Assessment Program with law enforcement agencies including lethality assessments
- Refer to Emerge! programs as appropriate and/or other community services
- Manages and documents emergency situations and notifies appropriate employees
- Supervise, train and monitor related volunteers as needed
- Provides information and referral to Emerge! programs as appropriate and/or other community services
- Ensure access to shelter for participants who do not need or meet the criteria for the Emerge! shelter by tracking availability of beds available through other community shelters
- Provide follow up calls to participants to ensure access to services and information related to lay legal needs and housing support and other services as needed
- Provide hotline and other support services at the emergency shelter as requested
- Responsible for implementing all programmatic and agency protocols as directed
- Maintains appropriate employee/client boundaries
- Complete and maintain all required documentation
- Attends all scheduled meetings, briefings and required In-services
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures and all City, County, State and Federal regulations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Social Services or related field
- One year of experience in Social Services
- or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Trauma related work experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge! will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Ability to think critically and general solutions
- Ability to assess potential crisis situations and take appropriate action
- Ability to network efficiently with other agency personnel
- Work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
Emerge! is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to email@example.com.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.