Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Coordinators - Emergency Services Liaison
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Full-time & Benefits eligible
Several Shifts Available
Sunday – Thursday 11:30a-8:00p
Tuesday 7:30a-4:45p*, Wednesday – Friday 7:30a-4:00p, Saturday 9:30a – 6:00p
Tuesday – Saturday 11:30a-8:00p
*The schedules for other work days may be flexed to allow for extra time worked each Tuesday.
In this position you will:
- Partner with participants not residing in Emerge! shelters, but who qualify for and need emergency services
- Develop a network of resources throughout the community to enhance the ability to be a liaison for participants
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse crisis intervention and housing, prevention and education, and support and advocacy services to anyone experiencing domestic abuse. Emerge! is the largest domestic abuse shelter and provider of domestic abuse prevention and abuse programs in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place to live, work, and play.
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO ALL AGENCY EMPLOYEES
- Maintains confidentiality and trust for all employees, participants and visitors
- Consistently displays culturally sensitive behavior and communication for all employees, participants and visitors. Seeks to expand knowledge base to increase cultural sensitivity
- Seeks win/win solutions, values interdependence, shares a common sense of responsibility for the whole
- Acts in a manner that presents the agency in a positive light, and furthers a positive image for the agency
- Demonstrates a positive and respectful personal appearance. Contributes to a clean and orderly facility appearance
- Demonstrates respect, courtesy and dignity for all
- Responds in a timely manner in all aspects of communication
- Maintains safe working environment for self, other employees, and visitors in accordance with applicable standards relevant to the position’s job duties
- Displays adaptability and flexibility to encourage team, participant and agency health including: initiating improvements, demonstrating problem solving and creativity, demonstrating motivation for change and enhancement of the organization
- Provide emotional support and education about domestic abuse to all program participants as a primary focus
- Provides immediate case management services to participants to ensure that they develop a short-term plan for safe housing based on safety considerations and resources available
- Completes the appropriate intake for participants placed in program within one (1) business day of their acceptance into the program
- Provides information and resources to address immediate needs of participant while in the program including, but not limited to food, clothing, etc
- “Float” between community based and shelter sites as needed to support each program and participant needs
- Responsible for the relocation program with oversight from Program Manager - Emergency Services
- Responsible for procurement protocol for laundry money and basic need gift cards. Including maintaining proper documentation and a weekly review with the Program Manager – Emergency Services
- Develops, implements and monitors case plans with all participants
- Meets with participants to help them achieve the desired outcomes and complete daily check-ins to ensure wellbeing and access to all basic needs
- Responsible for ensuring participants successfully navigate the social services system in order to get the services they are requesting and helping remove any barriers
- Associate degree, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Two years related experience in the social service field and/or in the area of domestic violence
- Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred/required based on shift
- Effective listening
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence
- Knowledge of the impact of trauma
- Knowledge of group facilitation and dynamics
- Ability to assess potential crisis situations and take appropriate action
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge! will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
Emerge! is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.