DM Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DM Federal Credit Union
The Programmer/Analyst has advanced proficiency in programming, database knowledge and concepts. They can create interface screens to collect data or populate a form, test the input for accuracy, and update the core system. The Programmer/Analyst will complete tasks with a high level of accomplishment and collaboration involving management, staff and vendor support when necessary. Also responsible for code documentation and processes to enable the ease of future modifications and troubleshooting.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related major, or equivalent work experience
• Three (3) years programming experience
Additional Preferred Education & Experience:
• Symitar Power On experience
• Financial industry experience
• Experience with SQL programming
• Experience in procedural based program languages (ex: Ada, COBOL, Perl, RPG)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Advanced understanding of programming and logic functions (e.g., arrays, file maintenance, subroutine specfiles, HTML input forms, creating and/or modifying custom tables, files, tracking records, etc.)
• Advanced understanding of databases and database objects (Examples: Indexes, outer joins, stored procedures, query tuning, etc.)
• Ability to learn and attain a solid grasp of the Power On language
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Proficient in use of web based programs
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a wide variety of people
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented with strong time management
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Peer Relationship
Requires the employee to sit and stand a majority of the time. Some travel may be necessary for training/conferences. Infrequent lifting of up to 25 pounds is required.
Must comply with all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES AND TASKS:
1. Researches and analyzes submitted requests and data requirements, including drafting functional requirements and gaining customer sign-off on requirements.
2. Interviews customers to drive to solid understanding of user requirements.
3. Writes, revises, troubleshoots, researches, and documents new and existing: Power On code, Jobfiles, and written procedures.
4. Completes assigned work requests (help desk and projects). Gain agreement with customers that request has been tested and satisfied.
5. Trains with internal and external department personnel as needed and acquire working knowledge of the appropriate programs, system processes and departmental procedures.
6. Tackles large or complicated requests, including but not limited to: module changes, Symforms, SymForm PDF and file maintenance, with a high level of accomplishment and accuracy.
7. Creates data flow and process flow diagrams.
8. Works with minimal oversight as an individual and as a member of a team to research and satisfy requests.
9. Keeps supervisor apprised of all situations that warrant their attention.
10. Maintains the security of the computer center at all times.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer