Diocese of Tucson
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Diocese of Tucson
Pay: $11.50 to $12/hour
Salary commensurate with experience and educational achievement
Job Status: Full Time
St Margaret Mary Alacoque Parish Tucson
Job Title: Administrative Assistant Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: St Margaret Mary Alacoque Parish / Tucson, AZ
Primary Functions: Under the direction of the pastor, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support and for performing other varied functions as necessary in a parish, including the role of Parish Safe Environment Officer. This includes ensuring that all employees and volunteers are in compliance with the Diocese of Tucson Safe Environment (SE) program and have undergone a successful criminal history check as applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in support of the Church and the diocese’s spiritual and pastoral mission.
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Fosters communication and works collaboratively with all Parish and diocesan employees
- Prepare the Safe Environment Compliance Plan to coincide with accepted diocesan Safe Environment standards; ensure the pastor’s review and approval.
- Review any updates or changes are reviewed with the pastor and the Diocese of Tucson Office of Child, Adolescent, and Adult Protection (OCAAP) ;
- Ensure all requests for criminal history check clearances are submitted to the Diocese of Tucson department of Human Resources (DOTHR) on a timely basis;
- Establish and maintain a roster of all employees and volunteers as recommended by the OCAAP;
- Ensure all expiring SE clearances are submitted for renewal within six months of expiration;
- Work with the parish ministry leaders to ensure adherence to Diocese of Tucson Guidelines for the Prevention of and Response to Sexual Misconduct and the diocesan Code of Conduct;
- Assist with the orientation and education of new employees and volunteers on the parish safe environment program to ensure clear understanding of requirements including the Mandatory Reporting Law in the State of Arizona;
- Ensure the parish Safe Environment Program is always audit-ready;
- Assist with funerals, baptisms, weddings and ministry record keeping and communication to parish and families. Maintain parish registry and other records as required.
- Ensure the security and privacy of all personnel records.
- Assist the bulletin editor as needed and help maintain schedules and notifications for liturgical events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; and carrying
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; be in full communion with the Church,
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills,
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the general public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required,
- Proficiency in computer technology to include word-processing, spreadsheets and power point,
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance,
- Be able to work with volunteers,
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check,
Education and Experience
- Minimum Associate degree in business or public administration from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- One years’ experience as a receptionist or secretary in a small, medium or large firm or equivalent experience
- A bachelors’ degree in business or public administration or equivalent experience
- Prior successful management or law enforcement experience,
- Bilingual (English-Spanish).
To apply: https://www.diocesetucson.org/human-resources/employment-opportunities/