Diocese of Tucson
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Diocese of Tucson
Pay: $15 to $16/hour
Salary commensurate with experience and educational achievement
Job Status: Part Time
Diocese of Tucson
Job Title: Accounting Specialist Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Location: Fiscal Services Department/Diocese of Tucson Pastoral Center
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Controller or Accounting Manager, is responsible for day to day processing and other fiscal administrative and operational activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Church’s spiritual and pastoral mission
- Abide by Catholic principles in the individual’s professional and private life, and govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures
- Process receipts/payments in a timely manner
- Enter and review accounting transactions to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Assist in compliance of corporate legal requirements related to the Diocese of Tucson and related entities
- Maintain and update files and records and provide sufficient audit trail for all transactions
- Establish and maintain effective communications with Pastoral Center, parishes and other personnel as necessary and answer all inquiries in a timely manner
- Provide guidance and assistance to parish personnel in researching complex problems
- Keep management updated on processing delays, variances from established procedures or potential financial concerns
- Support annual audit as requested
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Follow internal control policies at all times
- Provide administrative support as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking: hearing; carrying: and keyboarding.
- A working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; must be in full communion with the Catholic Church
- Experience with computer-based accounting software and the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter, well-organized and a team player.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work with a sense of urgency and set priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years accredited college accounting classes or equivalent experience
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Number pad/10-key proficiency
To apply: https://www.diocesetucson.org/human-resources/employment-opportunities/