Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Technician
at Devereux Arizona
If working with children and adolescents with challenging behaviors is your passion, then you’ll enjoy working with our Respite team!
Being a Behavioral Health Technician has its Advantages!
As a Behavioral Health Technician at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- The opportunity to assist, support, and instruct Individuals in self-help skills designed to encourage independence
- Develop your skills and grow within the organization
- Be a part of a highly dedicated team who will support you and our kiddos
- Competitive pay and flexible scheduling
Located in Scottsdale, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Arizona’s Respite program provides temporary rest or relief. The goal of respite care is to successfully provide an interval of rest for clients and their primary caregivers without disruption or compromise to their home environments. Through the Respite program, the kids get to enjoy group activities and go on field trips to museums, roller skating, and more! In this role you will actively assist the clients in the participation, involvement and routine of the Respite program. Having an energetic and creative approach while working with our kids, showing compassion and being a problem-solver to create a safe environment.
Schedule is Friday 12:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday 8:00am-10:00pm, Sunday 8:00am-2:00pm working 30 hours a week!
Pay rate starts at $12.00 per hour with an additional $2/hr shift differential for hours between Friday 3:00pm and Sunday 11:00pm!
Keywords: behavioral health technician, BHT, Respite, Behavioral Health, Weekends, Children, Adolescents
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives - by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults a
Skill / Requirements
- HS diploma or GED required (Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or relevant field preferred).
- Minimum six (6) weeks of experience in behavioral health and/or working with children and adolescents
- Valid Arizona Driver's License & pass DMV 39-month history check
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card with no restrictions (or eligibility to obtain with no restrictions)
- Drug test within 24hrs of offer w/ negative results.
- Must be available to attend 1 ½ weeks of required training (paid, Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm).