Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Technician
at Devereux Arizona
o you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children and adolescents? If so, you could become part of a team creating meaningful, independent and productive lives for those individuals that we serve.
Being a Behavioral Health Technician for our Brief Intervention Program has its Advantages!
As a Behavioral Health Technician at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping kids. We offer:
- An environment where you can be an active contributor to the treatment planning process
- The opportunity to teach at-risk youth valuable life skills
- Growth opportunities that allow you to expand your career and your skills
- The ability to have influence in our kid’s treatment plans
- A fun, fast-paced and supportive environment
- Competitive salary and amazing benefits
- Evidence based and trauma informed practices
- And you get to spend time mentoring and having fun with kids!
Located in Tucson AZ, Our Brief Intervention program is a short-term residential facility which provides enhanced residential services to male and female adolescents ages 12-17. They stay up to 30 days in our structured treatment setting which includes 24-hour supervision and therapeutic services. This program is designed for adolescents who are in crisis, requiring active treatment in an environment with a high degree of oversight, intensive programming, and treatment.
As a Behavioral Health Technician, you will actively assist clients in the participation, involvement and routine of their individualized program. You will work directly with the children/youth to be seen as a positive role model, dedicated and truly caring about their well-being. You will assist and support the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of individuals.
$12.50 per hour starting pay rate!
Work 4 days a week, 10 hour shifts 12:30pm - 10:30pm, with 3 days off! $1/hr shift differential for hours worked between 3:00pm and 11:00pm
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Skill / Requirements
- HS diploma or GED required (Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or relevant field preferred).
- Previous experience working with children/adolescents with behavioral/emotional needs required.
- Must be available to attend 2 weeks of required training (paid, Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm).
- Valid Arizona Driver's License & pass DMV 39-month history check
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card with no restrictions (or eligibility to obtain with no restrictions)
- Pre-employment Physical and Job Demand Assessment (if applicable)
- Drug test within 24hrs of offer w/ negative results