Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager - Operations
at Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Assistant General Manager, the Senior Project Manager- Operations will partner with Operational leadership to provide support and coordination in the direction and completion of Operational division projects for the Enterprise. In partnership with department leaders, manages the overall delivery of projects. Serves as the secondary contact, presents project status to Operations department leadership, manages the project change process, manages expectations, and escalates issues as appropriate. Will identify opportunities for follow up work as well as new projects. Escalates issue that impact timing or budget to operational department leadership and works to obtain additional resources as needed during project lifecycle.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs a broad range of project coordination for the Operational division of the Enterprise.
* Creates and maintains the Enterprise Project Methodology which includes processes for the project; commissioning, initiation, planning, execution and completion for all TOGE operational division projects.
* Establishes and maintains a program for monitoring and reporting on project compliance of methodology policies, processes and procedures for all projects being performed within the operational division of the Enterprise.
* Supports department leadership by overseeing project requests and commissioning process for all TOGE operational division projects to ensure only projects approved by upper management are move forward.
* Creates and promotes collaborative knowledge and skills are shared with all departments to facilitate efficient and timely delivery of projects.
* Ensures that projects are properly documented and information stored in a common repository for future reference.
* Prepares project budgets in conjunction with departmental leaders to ensure that costs remain within stated budgets or obtain approval to exceed stated budgets and provide a final cost analysis of all TOGE operational division projects.
* Prepares reports for senior management on the status of projects and ensures currency of these reports.
* Ensures that the project management system is properly regulated and used based on those regulations and provides monthly reports outlining the status of the effort.
* Maintains currency knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
* Builds and maintains working relationships with operational leaders, team members, vendors and other departments involved in the projects.
* Maintains a good communication with leaders and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes and supports operational leaders through team efforts and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required, with five years experience in project management. Equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered. PMP certification is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Project is preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
* Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of management techniques.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to prioritize work to accomplish desired results.
* Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
* Ability to develop and manage budgets.
* Records maintenance skills.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to prepare and produce reports.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Technical writing skills.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.