Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food & Beverage Manager
at Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Position Summary:Under direct supervision of the Food & Beverage Director, responsible for the overall direction of all operations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Purchases nonfood and paper supplies; stores, rotates, takes inventory and prepares supplies for the guests.
- Responsible for the opening and closing of all restaurants and lounges.
- Responsible general operation of kitchens, dining rooms, bar, concession and customer service.
- Responsible for the hiring, firing, scheduling and training of employees. Responsible for all personnel actions and maintenance of personnel files.
- Responsible for weekly time sheets.
- Ensures all operations meet health and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Coordinates needs of operation with Executive Chef.
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees specific duties.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or directs workers, preparing food and beverages.
- Oversees expenditures to ensure that the departments stay within budget.
- Orders merchandise or prepare requisitions to replenish nonfood, beverages and paper goods on hand.
- Takes monthly inventory, extends the inventory and turns the inventory in to Director Food and Beverage along with any transfer documents as needed.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, of area of responsibility.
- Directly supervises all non-supervisory employees or other supervisors as needed.
- Holds classes and training sessions with all employees in Food and Beverage Department. Provides training on customer service, food and beverage preparation, food service and food sanitation principles.
- Trains all employees on POS principles.
- Assists in the operation as needed for all events.
- Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree and five years experience bar or restaurant industry, two of which must have been in a managerial capacity; or a combination of education and experience. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card. Must be 19 years of age. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, tips certification, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of food and beverage service standards.
- Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Knowledge of all menu items including entrees, side dishes, beverages and desserts.
- Knowledge of POS systems.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
- Knowledge of food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Knowledge of all menu items.
- Knowledge of food and beverage administration operations.
- Knowledge of bar operations.
- Skill in supervising assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with other staff and general public.
- Ability to supervise assigned staff.
- Ability to lift heavy objects repeatedly.
- Ability to service customers in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferable in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in kitchen areas with exposure to heat, fumes and steam and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holiday work is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.