Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: San Marina Apartments 7002 W. Indian School Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85033
To serve as a positive role model to program participants and their families and provide encouragement and support. Participate as part of an interdisciplinary team that encourages educational objectives and positive healthy lifestyles.
- Knowledge of working with youth
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in small group facilitation
High school or AA degree and equivalent experience in social or behavioral science, criminal justice, recreation, or a closely related field. Relevant experience facilitating youth and prevention services. Must have a schedule that allows for the fulfillment of position responsibilities. Bilingual preferred.
- Facilitate The Too Good For Drugs Life Skills curriculum for group and educational information
- Coordinate assigned Youth Empowerment Program activities, including planning and implementation
- Act as a representative for Carl Hayden Community Center
- Work closely with program staff (program director, prevention specialists, outreach staff)
- Assist in community outreach and events.
- Daily reports documenting youth participant’s activities.
- Assume duties as designated by the Community Center Coordinator to assure proper and continued function of community based centers.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Community Center Coordinator. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.