Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Performs activities related to the daily operations of the shelter. Responsible for the support and safety of the clients and property.
Prefer experience working in a residential facility
Must be able to work with clients who have experienced domestic violence
Ability to work in an active environment
High School Diploma or GED
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Must have current valid driver’s license
Must have a Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to receive one within 60 days of employment
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Be able to provide on-the-spot support to clients with their day to day needs
- Provide supervision of the shelter and ensuring the safety of the facility and clients.
- Responsible for ensuring the bed count, client roster and FEMA report is current and accurate.
- Monitor doors, windows and gates to ensure the safe arrival of the clients.
- Responsible for completing room checks for cleanliness and safety.
- Support clients with expanding their abilities to manage their environment.
- Takes lead for immediate response to fire, other emergencies and medical crisis.
- Participates as an active member of De Colores’ staff team in the areas of program activities, staff meetings, planning and problem solving
- Performs other duties as assigne
- Be able to lift 30 lbs.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Lead Support Partner. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.