Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: La Causa Construction 1008 E. Buckeye Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85034
Project Manager will identify and secure construction projects under our 8a disadvantaged business classification with the Federal government. Coordinate meetings with the federal agencies that have set aside projects that meet our NAICS codes and continue to set appointments with the targeted agencies until projects have been awarded to La Causa Construction. Attend SBA meetings and seminars to promote LCC and to make new contacts for securing 8a projects.
The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
High school diploma or GED equivalent plus a I year of higher education or specialized training preferred and 3 years related experience in working with federally funded projects, private business and municipalities.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Once 8a projects are awarded, prepare and maintain all required federal agency documents and· monitor all prevailing wage certifications.
- Perform all the daily operations required in preparing subcontract agreements, owner contracts, change orders, and any other documents required for signature by Director or LCC for final approval.
- Collect all invoices from subcontracts and vendors for preparation of monthly AJA pay applications to be submitted to lenders and owners for payment.
- Collect and maintain current insurance certificates for all subcontractors and vendors on our projects.
- They must have management skills in working one on one with clients as well as government entities. They must be able to prepare documents and coordinate required signatures.
- Schedule appointments with and meet government agencies on weekly basis to secure specific projects for LCC
- Attend all 8a SBA meetings and seminars
- Maintain and process all federal required paperwork and documentation on our federal projects.
- Prepare documentation for specific projects for signature by Director.
- Collect invoices, insurance certificates, and lien waivers from subcontractors and vendors on all ongoing projects at LCC.
- Will supervise employees processing the required documentation on federal projects and construction projects as the company expands its capacity and volume of work.
Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. They must be able to coordinate documentation for required signatures and processing with the required agencies and CPLC departments.
Employee will attend Federal sponsored conferences and seminars to gain knowledge on how to obtain federal projects and process federally required documentation. They will attend seminars and training sessions on how to process documentation for a construction company.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments. Functions will require travel to other cities and states.