Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: Healthy Aging
Responsible for coordinating and providing Home Delivered Meals to eligible participants.
Completes and maintains accurate documentation for the Home Delivered Meals Program.
Sensitivity to people of diverse economic, social, education, and ethnic backgrounds, ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing;
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 6 months experience working in a customer service area in providing services to diverse individuals. Basic computer skills required. Possession of a current driver‘s license and current auto insurance. Must have effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate orally and in writing. Bilingual English and Spanish required. Knowledge of maps and City of Phoenix layout. Must be committed to diversity. Must be able to enter and retrieve data and have basic computer skills.
· Responsible for preparing and coordinating daily Home Delivered Meal orders.
· Monitors and coordinates meal delivery routes, delivery methods, and meal temperatures.
· Performs wellness checks and ensures participant signatures are obtained for each meal delivered.
· Use computer to input data such as posting daily routes, maintain case notes and update on a weekly basis, also keep tracking on update authorizations for the meal’s services, keep all required documentation in PHAROS
· Basic marketing to increase the number of clients served
· Attend staff meetings and training.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing and have basic computer skills. Must be able to lift 45 lbs. Must be willing to do some marketing for the program. Must be willing to help with packaging meals. Must be able to drive. Must be able to work outdoors all year round. Must obtain Maricopa County Food Handlers Card, First Aid & CPR Certification.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
This is a physical and fast paced outdoor position (walking long distances, ascending and descending stairs) that involves continual carrying of meal supplies that typically weigh 5- 10lbs.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director of Elderly Services. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.