Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Starlight/La Buena Vida/Casa Loma
Attend to day-to-day functions in all fields of maintenance in primary areas of plumbing, electrical, pool maintenance, grounds keeping, and apartment turnover. May be assigned a variety of other tasks by supervisor.
Verifiable experience in apartment or general maintenance including but not limited to electrical plumbing, HVAC, Painting, Carpentry.
· LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
· Must have general knowledge in all areas of maintenance.
· Must have own basic tools.
· Must have telephone in own residence for participation in "On Call" duty.
· Handle all service request or tasks in a timely fashion.
· If service request cannot be completed due to ordering parts or any other reason, appropriately notify Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
· Timely maintenance, painting, and carpet shampooing of vacant units.
· Contact Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager in the event an emergency situation arises day or night.
· Maintain workshop and storage areas in a clean orderly fashion.
· Keep company tools, equipment, and vehicles in properly maintained, good working order.
· Maintain Tiempo Customer Service Standards at all times. Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, co-workers and the general public.
· Work 6th day when needed.
· Must be on-call per rotation schedule.
· Assist in any other departments as needed and directed by Community Manager.
· Read and adhere to all company policies and procedures in M.A.P. Manual.
· Both inside and outside work in all types of weather is frequent.
· Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
· Good eye/hand coordination essential.
· Color discrimination, the ability to discriminate between colors in terms of hue, and the ability to identify a particular color or color combination from memory are required.
TYPES OF MACHINES, TOOLS AND VEHICLES REQUIRED TO BE USED:
· Hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance or landscaping.
· Power tools to include, but not limited to, circular saw, power drill, bench grinder, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet shampoo machine, power drain cleaner, chain saw and key machine.
· Electric or gas powered "golf cart" style maintenance vehicles.
· Neat, cleanly groomed, and dressed including shirt and shoes in accordance with Tiempo Personnel Policy and Procedures. Shorts are permitted during certain times of the year. Must be clean-shaven, or beards trimmed daily.
Personal Tools - Each employee must provide his own hand tools. Tiempo does not reimburse for tools that are broken, worn out, lost or stolen. Employees can purchase tools at Home Depot or Grainger. Employees must have at minimum the following set of tools. Where practical, each tool must have employee name and Social Security Number etched on it to distinguish it from tools belonging to others. Employees who do not have their own tools may make arrangements with District Manager’s approval to purchase tools through Tiempo. Repayments must be made within three months through payroll deductions. If employment is terminated for any reason before repayment is completed, payment in full will be withheld from final paycheck.
16oz. Claw Hammer, Wood Handle
Nail Punch or Awl
12' Steel Measuring Tape
Slotted Screw Driver Set
Phillips Screw Driver Set
8" Crescent Wrench
10" Surfoam Plane
3" Putty Knife
1 1/2" Putty Knife
Wood Chisels - Small
Medium 12" Pointed
Large, 12" x 1" (set of 3)
Combination Wrench Set
Metal File - 6" Flat
Combination Square/Level - 12"
Wonder or Super Bar
Flashlight - 6 volt
9" Utility Saw
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Manager. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.