Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Health Care RN
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
A professional who provides professional nursing services within the scope of nursing practice standards in collaboration with primary care practitioners. This position will also teach and educate patients and their families on various health topics. Professional skilled nursing is performed under the supervision of the Administrator/Home Health Services Director.
- Graduate of an approved professional nursing program (RN).
- Currently hold an active registered nurse license in the State of Arizona and in good standing.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a professional nurse with two years of experience in home health care.
- Must pass a criminal background check to include Central Registry.
- Must have current First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Vehicle to do routine patient visits
- Possess an Arizona Driver’s license, vehicle insurance and availability to be covered under CPLC policy.
- Initial employment physical and TB test or Chest x-ray, and Tdap are required.
- Furnishes those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares & submits timely, clinical and progress notes.
- Oversees coordination of patient services.
- Informs Director and other staff of changes in patient situation or needs.
- Completes medical history/home safety check/environmental assessments.
- Performs socio-psychological evaluation.
- Performs assessment visit and documents timely. (i.e., OASIS/ Nursing Note etc.).
- Performs physical examination and review of all body systems and documents accordingly.
- Develops individualized Plan of Care (POC) to be submitted to the practitioner for approval and implementation, and performs necessary revisions based upon patient needs.
- Determines medical necessity for other services.
- Regularly re-evaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Evaluates the patient’s ADL and IADL abilities and need for home health aide.
- Develops and implements the HHA plan of care when HHA services are ordered.
- Revises and signs this care plan the beginning of each certification period.
- Supervises HHA in accordance with state/federal requirements and documents the supervision.
- Reviews billing processes with patient and/or family advising patient and/or family when co-pay or Medicare is not likely to pay for services.
- Effectively communicates ongoing with patient and family progression/changes in POC.
- Effectively communicates with Supervisor/Home Health Services Director/other disciplines in the case.
- Communication with the patient’s practitioner (verbally and/or in writing) to obtain effective treatment modalities and/or rehabilitative therapy modalities.
- Actively communicates in the case conferencing sessions to establish best practices.
- Submits requests for re-authorization of "more visits needed" to payers in a timely manner.
- Coordinates Community Services for the patient to assist in safe home care needs.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Committee process.
- Performs timely clinical record reviews (CRR) per Agency policy in collaboration with the Nursing Supervisor.
- Participates in ongoing staff meetings/in-services.
- Participates in the growth of office by being a willing preceptor for same discipline employees.
- Participates in the planning, operation and evaluation of the nursing services of the organization.
- Maintains professional licensure per state requirements.
- Notifies the Agency of emergencies, sickness, and other imminent occurrences that may affect the patient caseload as quickly as possible relative to the event’s occurrence.
- Submits written time requests 2 weeks or more in advance of planned time off.
Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. On a daily basis: walking, standing, sitting, reaching, use of telephone, use of computers & other office equipment, lifting, bending, stooping, climbing stairs, possible transfer/lifting devices, medical supplies. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to access patient’s homes that may not be handicap accessible. Able to hear, speak, understand and communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Indoors, performing patient care assessment/tasks in the patient’s residence
Travel to patient residences/meetings; will require transportation to get to various work sites
Possible exposure to communicable diseases
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Home Health Services Director. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures, and AZ Board of Nursing practices and guidelines.