Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GED Instructor and Y
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Community Youth Center Phoenix, AZ 85009
Independent contractor will be responsible for teaching students with varying academic levels of subject areas while integrating GED test taking skills. The goal for our GED program is to prepare students in the subjects of Language Arts, Social Studies, Arizona Civics, Science and Mathematical Reasoning, in order for them to satisfactorily pass the GED official testing.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in teaching, counseling, social work or related field with 2 years of related full time experience in a public or private employment agency, personnel office, or as a instructor, social service counselor, caseworker, or any combination of education, experience or training which provides the ability to perform duties. GED Certification Instructor preferred
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Teach of Language Arts Reasoning, Social Studies, Arizona Civics, Science and Mathematical Reasoning
- Help students prepare and study for GED exam.
- Create lesson plans for each academic area and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books: attendance and pre and post testing
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Create projects/presentations designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in GED education.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants motivated in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs. .
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Excellent working knowledge of personal software packages to perform word processing and spreadsheet activities.
- Demonstrate skills to prepare and present GED test related concepts
- Ability to initiate and create ideas in the best interest of the student to help them pass the GED Test
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- GED Certification Instructor preferred
- Administer and score TABE Test
- Work with community members of all ages, and backgrounds