Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Clerk
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: 630 W Main St. Mesa, AZ 85201
SUMMARY: Responsible for attending to the needs of guests, especially during check-in and checkout.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner, and the individual must be punctual and have a good attendance record, and have reliable means of transportation to work. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Providing information to guests about hotel policies, services and amenities.
2. Responding to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area (e.g. directions, places to eat, etc.).
3. Selling rooms to "walk-in" customers.
4. Entering/changing reservation information on the computer system.
5. Posting charges to guest accounts.
6. Processing payments from guests.
7. Making necessary corrections to guest accounts.
8. Informing housekeeping department about room status/availability.
9. Listening for and responding to guest complaints.
10. Operating hotel switchboard or PBX.
11. Cleaning the front desk area.
12. Maintaining daily logs.
13. Balancing shift work and cash drawers.
14. Closing and balancing all room accounts.
15. Counting and balancing cash and credit card receipts.
16. Balancing direct bill accounts.
17. Verifying and balancing vouchers.
18. Running a trial balance report.
19. Investigation or analyzing out-of-balance situations.
20. Making adjustments or corrections to accounts as needed.
21. Completing various computer audit reports.
22. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
·Absent extraordinary prior on-the-job experience, the Maintenance position requires a High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and preferably either a two year business degree or a four year business or liberal arts degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience).?
· Requires an occupationally significant combination of vocational education, apprentice training, on-the- job training, and essential experience in less responsible hotel skill level and management positions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Front Desk Clerks must have developed language skills to the point to be able to:
·Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
·Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
·Ability to speak effectively in English before groups such as customers or employees.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Front Desk Clerks must have sufficient computer skills that will allow them to be able to use, in a proficient manner, all Company-issued software programs implemented at the hotel, including but not limited to the following:
· Microsoft Word
· Microsoft Excel
· Property Management System (PMS) programs
· Company-issued internet browser programs
· Company-issued electronic mail programs