Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: ECD Willcox 611 N. Bisbee Ave. Willcox, AZ 85643
The Facilities Custodian is responsible for ensuring that the center facilities, materials, equipment, and environments are safe, clean and appropriately maintained. Ensure the required inspections, maintenance and repairs are conducted in compliance with Federal, State, and Local Law and the Head Start Performance Standards. Promoting school readiness by preparing children and families for school and life success as it relates to this position. Actively supervise children by sight and sound at all times and in all environments. Maintain all health and safety regulations to create an optimum learning environment. Facilitate health practices to keep children safe in the school bus, outdoor and indoor environments.
Initial employment physical, TB test or Chest X-ray, Tdap vaccination are required. A valid Arizona Driver's License and vehicle insurance is preferred. Provide an MVD 3 year driving record (only applicable for Centers with bus service). Must pass a criminal background check to include a Child Abuse and Neglect register check and obtain a level one fingerprint clearance card. Must be First Aid and CPR certified or obtain certification within the first 6 months of employment. Must acquire a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment. Must obtain the proper CDL and School Bus Certification to serve as a backup bus driver when requested to do so by the Center Service Manager (only applicable for Centers with bus service). If requested to obtain CDL and School Bus Certification by Center Service Manager, employee will have 90 days to obtain bus driver credentials from the time request is made.
High School/GED and 6 months of custodial experience required. Knowledge of maintenance, inventory and purchasing supplies.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Work with Center Service Manager to develop a routine maintenance schedule and check off list of site maintenance requirements.
- Replenish all tissue and paper towel dispensers throughout the center.
- Daily sanitation of all center toilet facilities.
- Empty and sanitize all center trash containers from classrooms, office, and kitchen, as per licensing requirements.
- Clean all inside windows and outside windows.
- Clean inside and outside of front entry door windows.
- Sweep, wet mops, and/or vacuums all center floors.
- Assist in cleaning and removal of body fluids as needed.
- Strip and/or wax all hard surface floors twice per season, or as needed.
- Steam clean all carpet areas prior to school opening and twice during program year, and/or as needed.
- Submit order supply lists of all custodian supplies needed to the Center Service Manager or designee.
- Dust and/or remove cobwebs from all vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Replace light bulbs as needed.
- Assist in keeping outside Center grounds picked up and free of trash.
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment located inside and/or outside, as well as playground and outside toys.
- Responsible for minor repairs at center (within capability).
- Assist with maintenance of facility.
- Participate in staff meetings and center-based staff and parent activities as needed.
- Attend in-service, Pre-Service and trainings as required.
- Communicate to Center Office Manager/Center Service Manager any facility concerns related to safety and maintenance that could affect the compliance standards of the program.
- Perform other duties as requested by immediate supervisor necessary to carry out the administrative/programmatic activities necessary to fulfill the goals and objectives of CPLC ECD.
- Maintaining confidentiality in administrative and programmatic matters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, bending at the waist crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be willing and able to work outdoors.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Center Service Manager Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.