Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Support Specialist
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Corazon 3639 W. Lincoln Street Phoenix, AZ 85009
The client support specialist is responsible for the daily operations of the facility, to include oversight of the safety and well-being of clients on the Corazon campus.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have the ability to get an AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must have an understanding and experience with substance abuse treatment, and with working in a behavioral health setting
- Knowledge of behavioral health symptoms and diagnoses a plus
- Must be responsible and reliable
- Must be capable of dealing with crisis situations,
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Must remain chemically free at all times while employed with CPLC-Corazon
- Bilingual preferred
- Possess an Arizona Driver’s license, vehicle insurance and availability to be covered under CPLC policy.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Responsible for the safety of the property and residents.
- Ability to work with unique populations
- Monitors and enforces house rules and regulations.
- Responsible for documenting client activities throughout the entire day in the electronic health record.
- Checks for client attendance at mandatory meetings and any other pertinent observations.
- Locks doors, windows and secures facility at designated curfew each night.
- Records the absence or presence of each client during the designated census count times.
- Documents any incidents that may occur on the facility and reports the incidents to their immediate supervisor to be addressed.
- Wakes up clients each morning and monitors clients during work therapy.
- Monitors the client self-administered medications including documentation of ALL medications (prescription and non-prescription) in medical logbook.
- Participates in the receiving, counting, and bubble packing of all medications as outlined in procedures.
- Coordinates and directs transportation of clients, goods and services.
- Implements phone, fire, disasters and medical crisis procedures as required.
- Attends and documents in-house group meetings, as requested.
- Do other related duties as assigned
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments. Must be able to be standing for long periods. Able to lift at least 25 pounds. Ability to work autonomously in a variety of job settings.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the facilities coordinator. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.