Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Career and College Success Coach
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Workforce Solutions Tucson, AZ
Guide in-school and out-of-school youth in academic and career pathway decisions and assist in developing resources to ensure the success of the participants.
Responsibilities of this position include providing individual and /or group services to Opportunity Youth, youth between the ages of 14-24, in achieving more effective personal, employment, educational and/or vocational outcomes. Service are provided through on-going case management, Individual Service Plan development, job search assistance/placement, and coordination with other agencies to facilitate needed services.
Comprehensive knowledge of the employability problems of youth; working knowledge of the local and national job market environment; knowledge of the operation of public employment services; knowledge of available community social services agencies; skill in interviewing and counseling youth of diverse economic, educational, ethnic and cultural background; ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing; ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied background; ability to evaluate accurately the employability of youth clients; ability to prepare required records and reports, working knowledge of computer software programs. Bilingual and Spanish /English preferred.
Bachelors Degree in counseling, social work or related field with 3 years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education or training which provides the ability o perform job duties.
- Formulates Individual Service Strategy (ISS) for youth, identify interests, needs and outlines goals and timelines.
- Makes decisions on enrollment and initiates formulation of Objective Assessment.
- Develop career and college pathway objectives for in-school and out-of-school youth.
- Refers applicants to appropriate social service agencies when necessary.
- Administers test to determine aptitudes, and training needs.
- Instruct youth in personal problem solving, behavior modification.
- Work closely with educational partners, schools, colleges and trade schools to ensure youth receive proper services.
- Works very closely with youth in making career decisions
- Provides job referrals, job coaching and job placement assistance.
- Identifies applicants according to most in need to targeted grouping categories.
- Maintains records and submits monthly breakdown of applicants interviewed.
- Counsels applicants on career choices and vocational training opportunities.
- Provides recruitment services and represents CPLC and other assigned meetings.
- Develops monthly, quarterly reports.
- Maintains regular contact with participants.
- Meet with program staff weekly to review and monitor participant’s academic and social progress.
- Conducts monthly participant follow-ups.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director of Workforce Solutions. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.